WHAT IS SYMANTEC'S VULNERABILITY ASSESSMENT?
All our Symantec SSL certificates now come with built-in Vulnerability Assessment as standard. Strengthening your website’s security, the Vulnerability Assessment identifies and quickly fixes the most critical vulnerabilities that could be exploited by hackers. This, added to the many other outstanding security features from Symantec, will give you the most secure SSL solution in the world today.
Vulnerability Assessment includes :
- An automatic weekly scan for vulnerabilities on public-facing web pages, web-based applications, server software, and network ports.
- An actionable report that identifies both critical vulnerabilities that should be investigated immediately and informational items that pose a lower risk.
- An option to rescan your website to help confirm that vulnerabilities have been fixed.
Symantec's Vulnerability Assessment Service uses the following IP addresses and server names:
- VBLADEAF001 126.96.36.199 (scan1.ws.symantec.com)
- VBLADEAF002 188.8.131.52 (scan2.ws.symantec.com)
- VBLADEAF003 184.108.40.206 (scan3.ws.symantec.com)
- VBLADEAF004 220.127.116.11 (scan4.ws.symantec.com)
- VBLADEAF005 18.104.22.168 (scan5.ws.symantec.com)
- VBLADEAF006 22.214.171.124 (scan6.ws.symantec.com)
- VBLADEAF007 126.96.36.199 (scan7.ws.symantec.com)
- VBLADEAF008 188.8.131.52 (scan8.ws.symantec.com)
- VBLADEAF009 184.108.40.206 (scan9.ws.symantec.com)
- VBLADEAF010 220.127.116.11 (scan10.ws.symantec.com)
Get in touch to find out more about vulnerability assessment. Our friendly consultants will be pleased to hear from you - and happy to help.